The troubles of fugitive businessman Mehul Choksi are increasing. Now Dominica has declared Choksi a banned immigrant. Fugitive Mehul Choksi was declared a prohibited immigrant by Dominica. This latest information contradicts the claim of his lawyer Vijay Aggarwal, in which he said last week that Mehul Choksi did not enter Dominica illegally and the police there cannot arrest him as he is not a prohibited immigrant. Mehul Choksi is fighting a legal battle in Dominica on charges of illegal entry by the police after he went missing from Antigua. According to a notice issued by Dominica’s Ministry of National Security and Home Affairs, Mehul Choksi was declared a prohibited immigrant on May 25. The ministry had directed the police to remove Mehul Choksi from the Commonwealth of Dominica following the procedure laid down under Section 5(1)(1) of the Immigration and Passport Act.
The ministry had also sent a separate notice to Mehul Choksi on the same day, informing the fugitive businessman that he was not allowed to enter Dominica. The notice further said that the police have been directed to take all necessary action to send you back.
Mehul Choksi went missing on May 23 mysteriously from Antigua and Barbuda, where he has been living as a citizen of Antigua since 2018. His lawyers claimed that Choksi was kidnapped. However, he was found in Dominica. He was detained for illegal entry into neighboring Dominica after a possible romantic trip with his alleged girlfriend. However, Mehul’s team later termed the alleged girlfriend as the kidnapper. Choksi’s lawyer has alleged that he was kidnapped from Antigua’s Jolly Harbor and taken to Dominica by boat.