Government of India has constituted a 20-member Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGoS), which will be a monitoring mechanism for the development and implementation of the PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan (NMP). The Cabinet Secretary will be its Chairperson. Members include Chairman, Railway Board; Secretaries of Ministry/Department of Road, Transport & Highways; Ports, Shipping & Waterways; Civil Aviation; Petroleum & Natural Gas; Power; Telecommunications; Coal; Mines; Chemicals & Petro-Chemicals; Fertilizers; Steel; Expenditure; DPIIT; Food and Public Distribution; Agriculture & Farmers Welfare; Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying; and Tourism. Head of Logistics Division will be the Member, Convenor. Besides, the EGoS can co-opt any other Secretary or Secretaries as per requirement.
The Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGoS) shall have the following terms of reference:
- Review and monitor implementation of the Plan to ascertain the logistics efficiency accruing thereof;
- Adopt framework and norms for undertaking any amendments in the Plan;
- Coordinate for any changes in the projects already included in the Plan, within the prescribed framework and norms;
- To set out a procedure and a definitive timeframe for synchronisation of various activities for construction of roads, rail, etc. along with all utility services in an area-based approach for development of infrastructure on pilot basis;
- Align various initiatives on development of a common integrated portal which serves the needs of all stakeholders;
- Issue appropriate directions for achieving the objectives and for compliance to guiding principles of the PM GatiShakti NMP and in addressing demand side requirements of concerned Ministries.
- The EGoS will also look at the interventions required to meet the demand side, in efficiently transporting bulk goods based on the requirements of various Ministries like Steel, Coal, Fertilizer etc.
The Logistics Division will act as Secretariat to the Empowered Group of Secretaries for its Terms of Reference (ToRs).