Maharashtra : Sachin Waje to become government witness in Anil Deshmukh case, conditional apology from CBI court

A special court in Mumbai has granted conditional pardon to police officer Sachin Vaze in the corruption case involving former Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh. The court has accepted the plea of police officer Sachin Waje to become a government witness. After this, Anil Deshmukh’s troubles are going to increase further.
In an application filed before the Special CBI Court, Waje claimed that he cooperated with the CBI before and after his arrest, following which his confessional statement was recorded before a magistrate under the provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC). was.
Relief on becoming a government witness
The statement recorded by Sachin Waje under section 164 in the magistrate’s court was a big proof against Anil Deshmukh. The court clearly said, ‘We are giving you an apology on the condition that you will become the approver in the case and will disclose the whole matter.’
The troubles of the other accused are going to increase in this case. This apology was opposed by Anil Deshmukh, but the court clearly said, ‘This is a matter between the CBI and the accused. You have no role in this.
may appear as a prosecution witness
Special Judge DP Shingde allowed Waje’s plea on Wednesday. The judge said that your application has been approved, but with certain conditions. After the court order, Waje can now appear as a prosecution witness in the case.
What is the whole matter?
It is worth mentioning that Sachin Waje was arrested in March last year for his role in the Mansukh Hiren murder case and a vehicle laden with explosives near the residence of industrialist Mukesh Ambani based in South Mumbai. Waje is currently in judicial custody.
In March last year, former Mumbai Police Commissioner Parambir Singh had alleged that the then Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh had given a target to police officials to collect Rs 100 crore per month from restaurants and bars in the metropolis. The CBI had registered an FIR against Deshmukh, Waje and others last April following an order of the Bombay High Court. NCP leader Deshmukh had resigned from the state cabinet following the High Court order.