Delhi government again sent the file to LG
In the midst of a long-running dispute between the Kejriwal government and Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal over the scheme of door-to-door ration in the capital Delhi, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has once again sent the file of door step delivery of ration to the Lieutenant Governor for approval. This file was sent to Baijal twice in the past but he did not approve it.
Confirming this on Tuesday, a Delhi government official said that the file has been sent to the Lieutenant Governor. It states that Delhi High Court has given permission to implement door step delivery of ration, in such a situation, you should also approve this proposal so that door step delivery scheme of ration can be implemented in Delhi at the earliest. Last week, the High Court had given conditional permission to implement the door step delivery scheme of ration in Delhi. There has been a dispute between the Kejriwal government and the Lieutenant Governor over the door step delivery scheme of ration for a long time. The Kejriwal government of Delhi was adamant on implementing the door step delivery scheme of ration, while the Lieutenant Governor / Central Government was opposing it.
The Delhi High Court in its order dated September 30 directed the Delhi government to inform the operators of all fair price shops about those ration card holders who have opted to get ration at home. The High Court had said that thereafter the fair price shop owners will not have to supply ration to the beneficiaries of the Public Distribution System (PDS) who have opted for doorstep delivery. Let us inform that the Chief Minister’s door-to-door ration scheme of the Delhi Government was challenged in the court by the Delhi Government Ration Dealers Association. The Delhi government has alleged that the Center stalled its ambitious door-to-door ration scheme benefiting 72 lakh ration card holders in the capital, calling the move politically motivated. The central government, however, has termed the allegations as baseless. Significantly, the scheme was earlier named Mukhyamantri Ghar Ghar Ration Yojana, but was later dropped after a notification by the Union Ministry of Consumer Affairs on March 9, which stated that under the National Food Security Act The subsidized food grains allocated for distribution cannot be used for schemes under a different name.