Today was the fourth day of Bharat Jodo Yatra in Rajasthan. Today’s yatra came to an end after completing a journey of about 23 kms in Kota. Rahul Gandhi is now going to Ranthambore to meet Sonia Gandhi. There will be a break in the journey tomorrow. After this, the yatra will start from Bundi on December 10.
Today, a huge crowd was seen in the journey of only one phase in Kota. During this journey today, a BJP supporter attempted suicide by setting himself on fire. However, the police officer present at the spot doused the fire by taking off his uniform. The youth was angry about the policy of the Congress.
Earlier, due to the huge crowd in Kota, there was a situation of stampede many times. Many times people broke through the security cordon of Rahul and reached him. Meanwhile, Rahul Gandhi also met the students going for coaching. He told the children that you are the future of the country… Love you.
The crowd gathered during the yatra in Kota is being seen as a show of strength by Shanti Dhariwal, the powerful minister of the Government of Rajasthan. Dhariwal is an MLA from Kota itself and is among the ministers close to Gehlot.
The journey to the Suryamukhi Hanuman temple in Kota has started at around 6.15 am today. The program of the yatra in Kota district was changed and shortened. Now a camp has been set up for Rahul Gandhi’s yatra at Keshoraipatan in Bundi district, where there will be a night stay for two days.
At the same time, politics has heated up due to the change in the travel schedule in Kota. Earlier on Wednesday, political tension was also seen here regarding the removal of Sachin Pilot’s poster-banner. However, regarding the change in the programme, Jairam Ramesh had said that such changes are normal.
Sonia Gandhi likely to join
There will be a break in Rahul Gandhi’s visit on 9th December. After this, on December 10, only women pedestrians will walk with Rahul Gandhi. A day was also kept for women in Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
On the same lines here also only women passengers will accompany Rahul in the Bharat Jodo Yatra. Sonia Gandhi is also likely to participate in the yatra on this day. Earlier this morning Sonia Gandhi reached Ranthambore at 10 am. She will celebrate her birthday here on 9th December.
Major travel updates
- A BJP supporter youth tried to set himself ablaze during a yatra in Kota today. However, a police officer present on the spot immediately doused the youth’s fire. After this incident, an atmosphere of mild stampede was created in the yatra.
- Sonia Gandhi has also reached Sawai Madhapur today. Sonia has come to celebrate her birthday. Rahul Gandhi will go to Ranthambore to meet Sonia Gandhi today. According to the information, Sonia will stay here for two days and can join the Bharat Jodo Yatra on December 10.
- Once a stampede happened in Kota in the morning when suddenly a large number of people broke through the security cordon and reached close to Rahul Gandhi. Along with Rahul, big leaders like Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot were also present. Seeing the huge crowd during the yatra in Kota, political discussions have also intensified. This was seen as a show of strength by Shanti Dhariwal.
- The fourth day of Bharat Jodo Yatra in Rajasthan started at 6.15 am. Rahul’s visit will last only for half a day today. The journey will end at around 11.30 am without any break.
- There was also a tussle between the party leaders regarding the yatra in Kota. There was also a controversy over the removal of Sachin Pilot’s poster in Kota. Kota is the home town of UDH minister Shanti Dhariwal. Dhariwal wanted to showcase the development of Kota in front of Rahul Gandhi.