Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin today announced to extend the lockdown for another week i.e. till June 14 with some relaxations. The current lockdown ends on 7 June. In a statement issued here, Stalin said the existing permissible activity would be allowed.
He said that in view of the high incidence of COVID-19 infections in Coimbatore, Nilgiris, Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam and Mayiladuthurai, certain essential services have been allowed from June 7 subject to the following restrictions.
- Standalone provision / vegetable / fruit / fish / meat shops are being allowed to function between 6 am to 5 pm.
- Vegetable/flower/fruit vendors can work on the footpath between 6 am to 5 pm.
- Fish markets and slaughterhouses will be allowed to function only for wholesalers.
- Government offices can function with 30 percent staff strength.
- Only 50 tokens will be issued in the sub-registrar offices.
Only 50 percent of the workers are allowed to go to the match factories.
In addition to the above, some other services are also allowed:
⏺️Private housekeeping services will be allowed with e-pass.
⏺️Electricians, plumbers, carpenters, motor technicians and other self-employed persons will be allowed to work with e-pass between 6 am to 5 pm.
⏺️Shops selling electrical goods, hardware, automobile components, books, stationery items, automobile service stations (not sales showrooms) can function between 6 am to 5 pm.
⏺️Cycle and two wheeler mechanics shops can function between 6 am to 5 pm.
⏺️Apart from the driver, taxis with three passengers and autorickshaws with two passengers can ply with the e-pass.
⏺️Those traveling to hill stations can get e-pass from the district collectors.
Export units supplying raw material to export units located at Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Salem, Karur, Erode, Namakkal and Trichy can function for supply of samples with 10 per cent workforce.