In the Test match being played between India and Bangladesh, the Indian team declared the second innings after scoring 298 runs and gave Bangladesh a target of 572 runs. Chasing this mammoth score, Bangladesh got off to a great start with both the openers scoring half-centuries. While debuting in the match, Zakir Hasan exploded and played a century innings. However, he got caught in Ashwin’s trap and got out.
Ashwin traps Zakir Hasan, then Kohli takes a brilliant catch
Chasing a mammoth total of 512, Bangladesh got off to a strong start but later started losing wickets. On one hand, where wickets were falling from the front, on the other hand, Zakir Hasan, who was debuting, remained tight and created history by scoring a century. However, Ravichandran Ashwin, who came to bowl in the 79th over, trapped him in his net. Ashwin’s ball turned after hitting Tappa, which Hassan could not catch and the ball hit his bat and pad and went straight towards Virat Kohli. To catch it, Kohli jumped forward and took an excellent catch.
— baku (@Baku012345) December 17, 2022
Zakir Hasan did the feat as soon as he scored a century
- Opener Zakir Hasan (100) got out after scoring a century in his debut match. He scored 100 runs in 224 balls.
- During this he hit 12 fours and 1 six. With this, he has become the fourth player for Bangladesh to score a century on debut. Three players have done this feat before Zakir. These include the names of Aminul Islam,
- Mohammad Ashraful and Abul Hasan.
Century on Test debut for Bangladesh
- Aminul Islam 145 vs India, Dhaka 2000
- Mohammad Ashraful 114 vs Sri Lanka, Colombo 2001
- Abul Hasan 113 vs West Indies, Khulna 2012
- Zakir Hasan 100 vs India Chattogram, 2022
India (Playing XI): Shubman Gill, KL Rahul (C), Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (WK), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj
Bangladesh (Playing XI): Zakir Hasan, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Liton Das, Shakib Al Hasan(c), Mushfiqur Rahim, Yasir Ali, Nurul Hasan(w), Mehdi Hasan Miraj, Taijul Islam, Khalid Ahmed, Ebadat Hossain