Winter vacations have been announced in schools in many states of the country. Holiday has been declared in the schools of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan. Let us know for how long the schools will remain closed in these states.
- All government schools in Delhi will remain closed from January 1 to January 15. However, during this time extra classes will continue for the students from 9th to 12th.
- Winter vacation has not been announced in all the schools in Uttar Pradesh at the same time.
- Mainpuri Basic Education Department has declared a holiday from 31 December 2022 to 14 January 2023 in schools up to class 8.
- Schools remained closed in many districts till December 28, including Badaun, Bijnor, Agra, Bareilly, Aligarh and Pilibhit, among others. However, the Directorate of Basic Education had declared a holiday in all schools on December 29 due to Guru Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti.
- In Noida and Greater Noida, orders were given to keep schools up to 8th class closed till January 1. In Meerut too, it was announced to keep the schools closed till January 1.
Timings of schools have been changed in many districts of UP-
- All schools up to class eight in Lucknow will open from 10 am to 3 pm.
- Schools will open in Ayodhya from 10 am to 3.30 pm.
- The timings of the schools of Gautam Budh Nagar have been changed from 9 am.
- Primary and secondary classes in Ghaziabad will start from 10 am.
- Winter vacation has been declared in all the schools of Haryana from January 1 to January 15.
- However, in view of the board exams, classes for class 10th and 12th will be held from 10 am to 2 pm.
- From January 16, schools will open as before. Teachers taking extra classes will get earned leave in return as per rules.
- A state in Eastern India
Schools were closed from 26 to 31 December in many districts including Patna.
- Winter vacation has been declared from 25 December to 5 January.