Uttarakhand: Politics intensifies on investigation of scams! Opposition raised questions, will the government answer?
STF is probing recruitment scams in Uttarakhand. Till now the STF team has arrested many accused in the recruitment scam. Despite this, the youth of the state are continuously demanding the CBI to investigate the rigging in these recruitment examinations. In view of this, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has written a letter to the Chief Justice of Nainital High Court, requesting him to appoint a judge to monitor the investigation. Since then, politics has intensified in Uttarakhand. The government has decided to conduct the investigation of 4 recruitment examinations of the Uttarakhand Subordinate Services Selection Commission and 3 of the Uttarakhand State Public Service Commission under the supervision of the sitting judge of the Uttarakhand High Court. In fact, on February 10, the government had decided to hand over the supervision of the investigation of recruitment scams to the sitting judge of the High Court. In this sequence, on February 28, a letter was sent to the High Court Registrar on behalf of Additional Chief Secretary Home Radha Raturi. Accepting the letter, the decision to appoint a judge for this has to be taken by the High Court.
Regarding conducting the investigation under the supervision of the High Court sitting judge, CM Pushkar Dhami said that there should be no doubt in the mind of the trained unemployed regarding this investigation. It is only because of this that on the one hand another anti-copying law has been brought. At the same time, it has been decided to conduct an inquiry under the supervision of the sitting judge of the Nainital High Court. This complete investigation will be done impartially. In such a situation, there should not be any doubt in anyone’s mind.
Politics has now intensified on this decision of the Dhami government. While the opposition is making allegations, the BJP is appreciating the government’s decision in defence. BJP’s state spokesperson Vipin Kainthola said that in view of the demand of the youth, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami had said on February 10 itself to conduct an inquiry under the supervision of the sitting judge. In respect of which the letter has been sent. The government is very serious about this matter from day one. Therefore, no laxity will be done in this.
At the same time, Congress state president Karan Mahara has raised questions on the decision to conduct the investigation of recruitment examinations under the supervision of the sitting judge of the High Court. He said that this decision of the government has been taken late and it is an incomplete decision. He expressed apprehension that the testimony of witnesses could be influenced by threatening them or in any other way. In such a situation, the government should conduct a CBI inquiry under the supervision of the sitting judge of the High Court.
Recruitment examinations of Uttarakhand Subordinate Services Selection Commission
- During the investigation in the Gram Panchayat Development Officer examination, 12 accused have been arrested and chargesheet has been sent against 9 accused, the rest of the investigation is going on.
- During the process of investigation in graduate level examination, along with arresting 43 accused, 88,69,200 cash and other equipment, records have been recovered. Till now charge sheets have been sent against 42. Also, action has been taken against 24 accused under the Gangster Act.
- During the investigation of the rigging case in the Secretariat Guard Recruitment Examination, 1 accused was arrested. While 6 accused were already in jail, they were taken on remand. 1 accused has taken a stay from the court. Charge sheets have been sent against all.
- 4 accused have been arrested during the deliberation proceedings in the Forest Guard Recruitment Examination. Charge sheet has been sent against 1 accused. Discussion against others is prevalent.
Recruitment examinations of Uttarakhand Public Service Commission
- 12 accused have been arrested during the deliberations in Patwari/Lekhpal recruitment written examination. 41.50 lakh rupees in cash, mobile and paper etc. records have been recovered. Charge sheets have been sent against 6 accused. Along with this, charges of Gangster Act have also been registered against 7 accused.
- At present, action is going on in the AE/JE recruitment examination as per the instructions of the government.