Advisory issued regarding H3N2 and H1N1 virus in Uttarakhand, these instructions were issued to the district magistrates of all the districts
On Monday, the government has issued a letter to all the district magistrates regarding seasonal influenza. In this, instructions have been given regarding prevention and effective prevention of this disease. According to a letter issued by Additional Secretary Health Amandeep Kaur, instructions have been given to prevent seasonal influenza (H1N1, H3N2 etc.). Intensive surveillance of influenza related cases at hospital level, classification of patients for effective prevention, clinical management protocol, home care, sample collection process will be done separately. Isolation beds, wards, ICUs, ventilators etc. have been asked to be arranged for treatment in all district, base and joint hospitals. In case of influenza, arrangements will be made for identification of the patient, quick treatment and referral of the patient in serious condition. It has also been said that along with treatment, people should also be made aware.
Issued this letter to all the District Magistrates
The above subject Secretary, Department of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India’s letter-DO.NO. 2.28015/146/2021-DM Cell dated 11.03.2023, by which it has been informed that at present H1N1 HN2 Influenza of Seasonal Influenza Group, Influenza B Adenovirus etc. are circulating in various states and are causing public health problems. are reflected as Be aware that the seasonal influenza virus is usually transmitted from the month of January to the month of March. The following vigilance and precautions are necessary during this period:
- Intensive monitoring of Influenza like Illness (ILI) / Severe Acute Respiratory Illness (SARI) should be done at the hospital level so that influenza outbreak can be prevented from spreading by identifying it at the initial stage and the information of each patient must be compulsorily integrated under IDSP. To be entered in the Health Information Platform (IHIP) portal.
Most patients with seasonal influenza have typical symptoms of fever and cough, which resolve on their own. However, people suffering from other diseases (such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Diabetes, Heart Disease, Chronic Renal and Liver Disease etc.), old people, pregnant women, obese and children etc. need to take special precautions.
- It is important to raise community awareness about personal hygiene such as washing hands, covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, avoiding spitting in public places, use of masks in crowded environments is important to prevent the transmission of seasonal influenza To do etc.
- For effective control and treatment of seasonal influenza, the guideline provided by the Government of India (classification of influenza patients, clinical management protocol, providing home care, sample collection) is being attached and being sent to you for information and necessary action. At present, facility is available in Government Medical College Dehradun and Haldwani, Nainital for testing subtypes of influenza.
- Ensure arrangement of adequate isolation beds/wards/ICU/ventilators etc. for the treatment of seasonal influenza patients in district/base/combined hospitals of the district. Appoint a physician / doctor as the nodal officer of the isolation ward of the hospital and inform the undersigned office about his name and contact number (mobile) and the number of beds in the isolation ward.
- Availability of essential medicines (Oseltamivir Cap. / Syp.) and materials (PPE, N 95 Mask, VTM etc.) should be ensured in all hospitals for seasonal influenza management and prevention (up to District / Base / Joint / 0C.H.C. / P.H.C. level).
- Under Seasonal Influenza Management, timely identification of concussion/patient, quick treatment and arrangement for timely referral in serious condition/emergency of the patient should be ensured. 8. Although there has been a decrease in COVID-19 infection in the state in the last few days, but to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection and proper management, it is still necessary to be alert and follow the five-point strategy of investigation, surveillance, treatment, vaccination and covid-19. Appropriate behavior needs attention.
- Wide publicity / IEC activities should be done through various mediums for public awareness about seasonal influenza. To prevent any type of intestine in the general public towards seasonal influenza. Awareness should be created on preventive measures (attached).
- Review the Seasonal Influenza Suspected Death as per the format provided by the Government of India (attached) so that the real and factual cause of death can be ascertained. For the review of suspicious death, a committee should be constituted and the death audit report should be made available to the state level within three working days.
- The guidelines sent by the Government of India for the control and prevention of seasonal influenza are being attached with this letter. So please try to take necessary action as mentioned above.