News Cubic Studio

Truth and Reality

Chhattisgarh: Painful! After working, tired laborers fell asleep at the brick kiln, five died due to suffocation

There is news of a painful accident in Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh. Here five laborers sleeping on the brick-kiln have died. It is being told that five laborers lost their lives due to suffocation in the smoke. While in this accident, a laborer was admitted to the hospital, where he is being treated. The bodies of all the laborers have been sent for postmortem. ASP Akash Rao Giripunje has confirmed the incident. Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has expressed grief over this accident. Along with this, CM Baghel has announced to provide financial assistance of Rs 2 lakh to the next of kin of the deceased.

Dead bodies sent to PM

Actually, this incident is from Garhfuljhar village of Mahasamund. According to reports, after setting the brick kiln on fire, all the laborers slept there. Suddenly the fire broke out and the workers started suffocating due to its smoke and died. Police reached the spot, the police have sent the bodies of the dead to the PM. It has been told that the relatives of Chandrashekhar Pandey, former chairman of Matikala Board, do brick business, this kiln is being told of his younger brother Kunj Bihari. It has been told that Kunjbihari had made bricks from laborers and given them on contract to cook them, they were contract laborers. These laborers were Ganga Ram Bisi (55), Dashrath Bisi (30), Sona Chand Bhoi (40), Varun Bariha (24), Janak Ram Bariha (35) and Manohar Bisi (30).

Three laborers died due to suffocation in Balrampur

Let it be said that this is not the first incident of death due to suffocation of the laborers sleeping on the brick kiln. Earlier, on February 13, 2023, a tragic accident took place in Khajuri, a dependent village of Gram Panchayat Kotpali in Balrampur district. Here, three laborers sleeping on top of the small brick-kiln were killed by setting them on fire.

This could be the reason for the death of laborers

Suffocation is a condition in which the patient cannot breathe. This is often due to lack of air or something getting stuck in the throat. It is being feared that something similar will happen to the laborers sleeping on the brick-kiln, because the furnace was burning from inside. From which smoke was coming out. Due to excessive smoke, he could not breathe and he died. At present, the police is waiting for the post mortem report.